Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics (BSUIR) strives to train engineers and scientists capable of perceiving, generating and implementing innovative ideas, creating competitive hi-tech products in the field of informatics and radioelectronics.
Excellent Engineering Education in Informatics, Telecommunications and Electronics
BSUIR: plays a leading role in the preparation of engineering and scientific staff in the fields of computer science, radioelectronics and telecommunications in the national system of education of Belarus.
BSUIR: is the basic organization of the CIS states for higher education in the spheres of informatics and radioelectronics has the status of Scientific Organization by the decision of the Belarusian State Committee for Science and Technologies and the Belarusian National Academy of Sciences
BSUIR: is the first Belarusian technical university that opened first degree and Master programmes in English language.
BSUIR: is awarded with the Prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for achievements in quality in the year 2011.
BSUIR: Quality Management System is certified in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 in the national education system and in the German system of certification of TGA DIN EN ISO 9001
BSUIR is a major educational, research and innovative complex:
- Over 16 000 first degree, Master and Ph.D. students of different study modes, including about 450 foreign citizens
- Over 2 200 employees, among them are academicians and corresponding members of the National Academy of Sciences, academicians of specialized academies, foreign Academies of Sciences, professors, doctors
- 12 faculties and 41 departments, offering 35 first degree specialities, including 5 of them that are taught in English
- 30 Master programmes, including 3 English-medium programmes, and 28 Ph.D. programmes
- Information Technology Institute (Institute for Professional Development and Retraining of Top Managers and Specialists in IT sphere)
- Research and Development Department that consists of 7 innovative research centers, 56 research laboratories and groups working in the spheres of IT and control, micro-, nano- and radio electronics, information telecommunication
- Center for IT-penetration and Innovative Projects
- 28 joint innovative educational and research complexes and laboratories with consumers of specialists
- 5 joint educational centers with world leading companies Microsoft, IBM, National Instruments, Cisco, SAP
- 25 BSUIR department branches functioning at leading industrial enterprises
- 3 comfortable student hostels accommodating over 2 350 students
- a complex of up-to-date libraries with a pool of 1,5 million books and periodicals in Russian and English languages, electronic libraries with a total of over 100 computer places, Informational and Educational Center of Digital Resources and Services
- a sporting complex with total area of 10 420 sq.m. (it’s one of the top indices among universities of Belarus)
More than 44 000 engineers, 750 PhD’s and 75 Doctors of Science are successfully working in the most science-intensive fields of the national economy after graduation from the University.
BSUIR today is a large scientific and educational centre in Belarus. It has highly qualified staff, considerable scientific and methodological potential, advanced laboratory and informational infrastructure, all necessary conditions to organize teaching and educational process, scientific research, proper organization of labour, everyday life and leisure time of personnel and students.